COVID-19 Notices and Information
The Memorial University Bookstore had anticipated being open for in person transactions next week. Unfortunately due to the pandemic there have been several delays and roadblocks to ordering and receiving course materials. We want to be as prepared as possible to assist you if you come to the store and apologize for this further delay. Starting on Monday 17 August 2020 we will be open from 9am to 4:15pm, Monday to Friday, with very limited capacity.
There are several important things to consider before proceeding to the Bookstore. We ask for your cooperation in adhering to these guidelines for everyone’s comfort and safety.
- Whenever possible course materials and items of interest, such as clothing, should be ordered through this website. We can ship anywhere in the world and there is a pickup window for local residents if you choose that option.
- If you order and want to pick up on the first floor of the UC, please wait for an email to tell you that the order is ready. This will arrive later, and it is different than, the confirmation email that you receive after an order is placed. The pickup window is open from 2pm to 4pm, Monday through Friday.
- If you come to the Bookstore, masks are mandatory. Staff will also be wearing masks for your safety. Enhanced cleaning protocols will be in place and the fitting room will be closed. A parking map is available on our Hours and Location page.
- Because the capacity inside the store will be significantly less than before the pandemic, we will establish lines outside the store and at the pickup window. Long wait times should be anticipated during the back to school rush.
- As course materials will continue to arrive into September, please check the website to ensure we have what you need before coming in. We wouldn’t want you to line up and then find out the item you need has not arrived yet.
- Please pay attention to all University guidelines and signage while on campus.
Please note, some services have changed or been suspended due to the pandemic. Our website will always have the most up-to-date information. For Campus Cards, the new procedures are available through: www.mun.ca/ancillary/campuscard/GetYourCampusCard.php
We thank you for your patience as we maneuver through this unprecedented time.
Bookstore Staff and Management