Gown Rental for Photographs
The bookstore offers a gown rental service for students who wish to have photographs taken outside of regular convocation dates. This service is intended for photography purposes only, and is available year-round except during convocation.
We strongly suggest that you call the bookstore and confirm regalia availability for your required dates before you make an appointment with your photographer. We have a limited supply of hoods and gowns, so we might not be able to fill your request for a particular day unless you check with us beforehand.
The rental package includes one gown and one hood; mortarboard caps are available for sale separately, if desired.
The rental fees are as follows:
- One-day rental - $10 plus $50 deposit
- One-week rental - $40 plus $50 deposit
We require a $50 deposit with each rental (this is subject to change depending on the duration of the rental); this will be refunded upon return of the rental package in its original condition. Payment may be made by Visa, Mastercard, debit card or cash and refunds will only be issued to the same method of payment.
To reserve your gown, print and fax the gown rental form to (709) 864-2405, come see us in person at the University Bookstore (UC2006), or give us a call at (709) 864-8084 or (709) 864-7441. Please note: April and May are busy gown rental months; we highly recommend you visit us in person to see if your size is available.
- One-week rental – deadline is Friday, May 17 (i.e. this is the last day to rent)
- One-day rental – deadline is Thursday, May 23 (i.e. this is the last day to rent)
All gowns and hoods must be returned by Friday, May 24. Rental services resume on Monday, June 3.
1. This is a request form only. Upon submission, you must still call the Bookstore to confirm availability of regalia for your required dates. We cannot process your request unless we receive a follow-up call.
2. MUN Bookstore currently only rents regalia to students located in St. John's and Corner Brook.