COVID-19 Notices and Information
There are several important things to consider before proceeding to the Bookstore. We ask for your cooperation in adhering to these guidelines for everyone’s comfort and safety.
- Whenever possible course materials and items of interest, such as clothing, should be ordered through this website. We can ship anywhere in the world and there is a pickup window for local residents if you choose that option.
- If you order and want to pick up on the first floor of the UC, please wait for an email to tell you that the order is ready. This will arrive later, and it is different than, the confirmation email that you receive after an order is placed. The pickup window is open from 2–4pm, Monday through Friday.
- Please do not attempt to pick up your web order in the Bookstore. All web orders are processed in our warehouse on the first floor of the UC, and the pickup window is open from 11am–4pm, Monday to Friday, starting January 5, 2021. As mentioned in #2, please only pick up your web order once you've received an email stating your order is ready for pickup.
- If you come to the Bookstore, masks are mandatory. Staff will also be wearing masks for your safety. Enhanced cleaning protocols will be in place and the fitting room will be closed. A parking map is available on our Hours and Location page.
- Because the capacity inside the store will be significantly less than before the pandemic, we will establish lines outside the store and at the pickup window. Long wait times should be anticipated during the back to school rush.
- As course materials will continue to arrive into September, please check the website to ensure we have what you need before coming in. We wouldn’t want you to line up and then find out the item you need has not arrived yet.
- Please pay attention to all University guidelines and signage while on campus.
Please note, some services have changed or been suspended due to the pandemic. Our website will always have the most up-to-date information. For Campus Cards, the new procedures are available through: www.mun.ca/ancillary/campuscard/GetYourCampusCard.php
We thank you for your patience as we maneuver through this unprecedented time.
Bookstore Staff and Management
7 May 2020
When choosing campus in textbook search, if the course you are taking would usually be on campus but is being instructed remotely due to the pandemic (Remote Course), please choose “On Campus/Remote Learning” (course section numbers begin with the digit 001-059). If the course is usually offered online, even when campus is open choose “Online Courses” (course section numbers begin with the digit 081-129). See below for more detailed descriptions:
- Online Courses
- Online courses have been carefully designed to be delivered entirely over the internet using course sites in Brightspace. The course sites often include customized videos, interactive components and resources that help with learning the course content. Online courses are not self-paced; instructors post deadlines for work and expect students to keep up on reading and other activities required to successfully complete the course. Students may be asked to join the instructor and classmates online at specific points in the term. Students need to consider the technical requirements needed to fully participate in an online course.
- Remote Courses
- Remote courses are face-to-face courses that have been adapted to be delivered at a distance in times of disruption when students and instructors cannot meet on campus. The instructor may decide to use online tools, including Brightspace, to replace face-to-face instruction; course activities and materials may also be modified accordingly. Students may be asked to join the instructor and classmates online at specific points in the term as a replacement for face-to-face meetings and discussions.